Arlon Properties (Pty) Ltd Privacy Statement provides a framework on how we process your personal information. We value your privacy and take the protection of your personal information very seriously, and we will only use your personal information in accordance with this Statement and/or legislation applicable to a transaction. It is important that you read this Statement carefully before submitting any personal information to Arlon Properties.
Arlon Properties Privacy Statement Introduction:
This Statement sets out how your personal information will be used by Arlon Properties and applies to any information, including personal and special personal information, that is provided by yourself or processed from third parties.
By submitting any personal information to Arlon Properties you provide consent to the processing of your personal information as set out in this Statement and the provisions of this Statement are subject to mandatory, unalterable provisions of Applicable Laws of the Republic of South Africa.
Please do not submit any personal information to Arlon Properties if you do not agree to any of the provisions of this Statement. If you do not consent to the provisions of this Statement, or parts of the Statement, Arlon Properties may not be able to provide its products and services to you.
Arlon Properties is known as:
Arlon Properties earmarked the sectional Title market and specializes in the sale of sectional title units in the vicinity of the University of Pretoria. We focus on the highly demanded geographical area of Hatfield, Hillcrest, Lynnwood, Menlo Park, and Brooklyn.
We source immovable property on your behalf and to find you either the suitable home or a suitable purchaser to your home.
Terms that are of importance:
"Arlon Properties" or "we" shall have include the following: Arlon Properties (Pty) Ltd "Client" or "you" means any prospective, new or existing client or employee of any Arlon Properties.
“Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013” is hereinafter referred to as POPIA.
“Processing” shall include any activity in which the information is worked with, from the time that the information is collected, shared, kept, up to the time that the information is destroyed, regardless of whether the information is a hard copy, or in electronic format.
Amendments to the Privacy Statement:
We may amend this Statement from time to time for any of the following reasons:
- to comply with changes to any legislation that will impact POPIA;
- to provide for more adequate and reasonable technical measures to safeguard and process your personal information;
- to rectify any mistake that might be discovered from time to time; and/or
- or any other reason which Arlon Properties, in its sole discretion, may deem reasonable or necessary.
Any such amendment will come into effect and become part of any agreement you have with Arlon Properties when notice is given to you of the change by publication on our website. It is your responsibility to check the website often, to ensure that you understand how we process your personal information, in which event we shall always process your information in terms of POPIA.
How does Arlon Properties handle security and privacy on the website?
We endeavour to keep our website secure at all times. We do however advise you that we cannot guarantee the security of any information provided to us or by us through our website, email, internet or social media. We cannot be held responsible for any loss or unauthorised use or interception of information transmitted via the internet which is beyond our control. We therefor advise you to ensure that you use a secured network at all possible times when you enter any sensitive personal information.
Possibility of third party websites:
Our website may contain links to other websites outside of Arlon Properties, in which case we are not responsible for the content, privacy or security of such third party websites.
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Social Plugins that we use:
We use social plugins of social networks such as Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google+ and Twitter.
Please note that we have no influence on or control over the extent of the data retrieved by the social networks’ interfaces and we can accordingly not be held responsible or liable for any processing or use of personal information transmitted via these social plugins. For information on the purpose and extent of the data retrieval by the social network concerned, and about the rights and settings possibilities for the protection of your private sphere, please refer to the data protection information provided by the social network in question.
We may collect the following information about you:
- Your name, address, contact details, date of birth, identity number, passport number, bank details, details about your employment, tax number and financial information;
- Records of correspondence or enquiries from you or anyone acting on your behalf;
- Details of transactions you carry out with us and/or contracts or sale agreements;
- Sensitive or special categories of personal information, including biometric information, such as images.
We may process personal information about children (person under the age of 18 years), however this shall either be with the consent of a parent/guardian or in line with a legal obligation. If you are a child please do not provide us with any personal information unless you have the permission of your parent or legal guardian to do so.
We will collect your personal information in the following manner:
You may provide personal information to us either directly or indirectly, by completing an application for our products and services or requesting further information about our services, whether in writing, through our website, over the telephone, or any other means.
We may receive information about you:
- When you contact us directly, either via our website, by email, telephone or via social media, whether to request to be contacted or to make an enquiry;
- Occasionally from other third parties who may lawfully pass your information on to us;
- From a third party where you provided consent for such party that we may contact you; or
- Any personal information that has been made public by you.
How we store your personal information:
We continuously implement technical and organisational security measures in order to protect the data we hold against unauthorised access as well as accidental or wilful manipulation, loss or destruction however you should remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and therefore we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
It is also important that you take all necessary and appropriate steps to protect your personal information yourself (for example, by ensuring that all login details, including passwords and access codes are kept secure, and not to commonly use Public internet providers)
How will we process your personal information?
We take the privacy and protection of your personal information very seriously and will only process your personal information in accordance with the following:
- The data subject or a competent person where the data subject is a child consents to the processing. Kindly note that you have the right to withdraw your consent;
- The processing is necessary to carry out actions for the conclusion or performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party;
- The processing complies with an obligation imposed by law on the business;
- The processing protects a legitimate interest of the data subject;
- The processing is necessary for the proper performance of a public law duty by the business; Or
- The processing is necessary for pursuing the legitimate interests of the business or of a third party to whom the information is supplied.
Accordingly, Arlon Properties will comply with the relevant data privacy principles or conditions relating to the of your personal information. Arlon Properties employees attend regular data protection training to ensure that we process your personal information in accordance with POPIA.
We will retain your information:
We may retain your personal information indefinitely, unless you object, in which case we will only retain it if we are permitted or required to do so in terms of legislation to the particular purpose for such processing. However, as a general rule, we will retain your information in accordance with retention periods set out in our Data Retention Policy, unless we need to retain it for longer for a lawful purpose (for example, for the purposes of complaints handling, legal processes and proceedings).
Your data protection rights:
You have a right in certain circumstances to request the destruction or deletion of and, where applicable, to obtain restriction on the processing of personal information held about you.
You have a right to object on reasonable grounds to the processing of your personal information where we claim such processing is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests, your legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party to which the information is supplied. You may also request Arlon Properties to correct or supplement any of your personal data which will undertake as soon as practicable
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (“PAIA”). Fees to obtain a copy or a description of personal information held about you are prescribed in terms of PAIA. Confirmation of whether or not we hold personal information about you may be requested free of charge. If you would like to obtain a copy of your personal information held by Arlon Properties please review our PAIA Manual.
We may share your information with third parties:
- Our service providers and agents who perform services on our behalf;
- A prospective buyer of your property;
- A person who acquires substantially all of the assets of a Arlon Properties;
- Any person if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with legislation, court orders or public law duties, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Arlon Properties, its clients or other third parties;
- Other lenders or banks, lawyers, accountants, auditors, bond consultants, compliance inspectors, homeowner associations, trustees, regulators and law enforcement agencies, to the extent necessary to protect, preserve or enforce Arlon Properties rights and interests in respect of any agreement or to respond to any legal enquiry or to comply with any regulatory obligation;
- Your agent or any other person acting on your behalf, an independent financial advisor or an introducer. We may also disclose information about you and your relationship with Arlon Properties to such person throughout the term of that relationship or
- Personal information which was derived from public records. We use a company called Lightstone (Pty) Ltd to collect and analyse personal information obtained from public records such as the deeds registries administered by the Department of Rural Development and Land Reform pursuant to the Deeds Registries Act, 1937 and the companies register administered by the Companies and Intellectual Property Commission (or CIPC) pursuant to the Companies Act, 2008. You may contact Lightstone at info@Lightstone.co.za for any queries that you may have regarding their processing of your information
We do not share your personal information with any third parties, except if:
- we are legally permitted or obliged to provide such information for legal or regulatory purposes;
- we are required to do so for purposes of existing or future legal proceedings;
- we are selling one or more of our businesses to someone to whom we may transfer our rights under any agreement we have with you;
- Necessary for purposes of preventing fraud, loss, bribery or corruption;
- they perform services and process personal information on our behalf;
- it is required in order to provide or manage any information or services to you;
- needed to help us improve the quality of our services.
If you do not wish us to disclose this information to third parties, please contact us at the contact details set out herein. We may, however, not be able to provide services to you if such disclosure is necessary.
You may share third parties personal information to us:
Where you provide us with the personal information of third parties you should take steps to inform the third party that you need to disclose their details to us and identify us. We will process their personal information in accordance with this Statement. If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm to us that you have their permission to do so and that they are aware of the contents of this Statement and do not have any objection to us processing their information in accordance with this Statement.
Transfer of Data:
Your information, including Personal Information, may be transferred to — and maintained on — outside the Republic of South Africa, where the data protection laws may differ than those a set out in POPIA.
If you are located outside South Africa and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Information, to South Africa and process it there.
Your consent to this Privacy Notice followed by your submission of such information represents your agreement to that transfer.
Arlon Properties will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice and no transfer of your Personal Information will take place to an organization or a country unless there are adequate controls in place including the security of your data and other personal information.
Integrity of your Personal Information:
We strive to maintain the integrity and accuracy of your personal information at all times. You are responsible for informing us of any change in your details to your Personal Information so that we may amend our records accordingly.
Communication between you and Arlon Properties:
We (or third parties) may contact you, to inform you about services and offerings available from Arlon Properties, or selected third parties, which we believe may be of interest to you, unless you have unsubscribed from receiving such communications.
We will only send you marketing communications if we are entitled to do so under the relevant legislation and you may unsubscribe or opt out from receiving such communications from Arlon Properties by accessing your online customer profile by making use of the “Unsubscribe” option available on the relevant communication or by contacting Arlon Properties at any time.
You may also contact us utilising the contact details set out in this Statement if you have previously asked not to receive marketing communications from us but would now like to hear from us with news on Arlon Properties services.
How to complain:
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information Officer Details:
Should you believe that Arlon Properties has utilised your personal information contrary to POPIA, you undertake to first attempt to resolve any concerns with Arlon Properties. If you are not satisfied with such process, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator, using the contact details listed below.
Their contact details are as follows:
The Information Regulator (South Africa)
JD House, 27 Stiemens Street,
Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2001
P.O Box 31533
Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017
POPIA Complaints email: POPIAcomplaints.IR@justice.gov.za
PAIA Complaints email: PAIAcomplaints.IR@justice.gov.za